Hudson Valley Credit Union is currently recruiting for a Consumer Loan Servicing and Processing Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for and manages the consumer loan servicing and processing functions and employees related to these functions within the Consumer Lending department. These functions are related to overall production of consumer loans including, but not limited to, servicing, tracking and processing of all consumer loans including required regulatory compliance, insurances, record retention and account problem resolution.
• Provide strategic direction and leadership for the consumer lending area. Ensure that all loans are processed and serviced to the standards established by the Credit Union and outside vendors/investors
• Assist in the achievement of Consumer Lending loan volume and loan growth goals.
• Interview, hire, train and continuously develop consumer lending staff ensuring the competencies to maintain quality data, security and compliant policies, procedures and practices. Ensure team possesses a high level of individual accountability for delivering results within attainable deadlines and industry and regulatory standards. Perform all authorized human resources functions
•Direct the creation and ensure timely update of the Consumer Lending processes and procedures relating to loan servicing and loan processing. Ensure consumer lending operations are properly carried out and responsible for all required processing, and servicing reporting.
•Research and respond to internal/external audits and complete any necessary corrections or implement any necessary procedural changes.
•Identifie, recommend and implement process improvements to enhance delivery efficiencies. Ensure budgetary control in the Consumer Lending area in keeping with HVFCUs member service standards.
•Work with the Consumer Loan Underwriting Manager and AVP to implement and maintain Consumer Lending initiatives. Serve as complete backup for the Manager of Consumer Loan Underwriting.
•Serve as liaison, effectively communicate with and manage all servicing vendor relationships such as attorneys, title companies, appraisers, tax service vendors, etc.
• Adhere to all Credit Union policies, procedures, and regulatory agency requirements. Participate in all required and recommended training and development including, but not limited to, Bank Secrecy Act training (BSA) and demonstrate attained knowledge. Participate on Credit Union teams, projects and strategic initiatives when the opportunity arises. Perform additional duties and special projects as assigned.
• Embrace and apply HVFCU’s guiding principles to all activities and responsibilities. This includes the Credit Union’s Mission, Vision, Core Values, Employee and Member Value Propositions, Sales and Service Model, and commitment to Lean Six Sigma practices. Support the Credit Union’s initiatives by demonstrating teamwork and professionalism.
• Responsible for regular and predictable attendance including punctuality.
1.-Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years equivalent experience for each undergraduate year not completed; undergraduate degree cannot substitute for minimum number of years of experience.
2.-A minimum of 5 years consumer lending experience required.
3.-A minimum of 3 years management experience in the lending or financial services industry required.
4.-Registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) is required.
5.-Working knowledge of underwriting guidelines, general loan management, and processing of consumer loans required.
Consistently named one of the Best Companies to work for in New York, Hudson Valley Credit Union is a community chartered financial institution serving members in 12 counties along the Hudson River from the Capital Region south to the Lower Hudson River Valley. We are passionate about improving our member’s financial wellbeing and thrive on delivering exceptional member service. We care for our employee family and are deeply rooted within our local communities. With our co-workers’ support, valued benefits, and continuous training and development, we are motivated, high performers who excel and grow here every day. Come join us in our goal to be the Hudson Valley’s first choice for a lifetime financial services partner.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
• 401(k) with employer match and non-elective employer contribution
• Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
• Flexible Spending Account (medical & dependent care)
• Life Insurance
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Wellness Activity Reimbursements
• Educational Assistance Program
• Professional Development Programs
• Discounted Loan Rates & Fees
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment background check including bondability, credit report and past employment references. All checks must be favorable for an applicant to be considered for employment.
Hudson Valley Credit Union is proud to be a CEO Gold Standard Designation award winning tobacco-free workplace.
Hudson Valley Credit Union is an AA/EEO employer committed to equal opportunity and employee diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, the status of being transgender, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by law.