Hudson Valley Credit Union is currently recruiting for a Contact Center Specialist I. The successful candidate will interact with members via Contact Center delivery systems and build and enhance member relationships by identifying and recommending solutions to members' financial needs.
• Provide internal and external member service by responding to calls in all in-bound queues related to product information, account details, loan applications, establishing new accounts for existing members, etc. Conduct outbound calls as directed. Establish long-term financial relationships with members by identifying needs and recommending solutions, including Credit Union Business Partners.
• Identify, research and resolve member issues by providing knowledgeable and professional service. If needed, escalate concerns using the appropriate channels. Contribute to the attainment of organization, department, and personal sales and service goals.
• Comply with Contact Center Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) goals such as, adherence to schedule, average handle time, quality monitoring scores, etc. Actively seek and implement feedback from supervisor to ensure performance expectations are being met.
• Consistently contribute to Credit Union’s initiative of continuous improvement by communicating suggestions that will enhance revenue, reduce expenses and/or streamline and improve operations.
• Adhere to all Credit Union policies, procedures, and regulatory agency requirements. Participate in all required and recommended training and development including, but not limited to, Bank Secrecy Act training (BSA) and demonstrate attained knowledge. Participate on Credit Union teams, projects and strategic initiatives when the opportunity arises. Perform additional duties and special projects as assigned.
• Embrace and apply HVCU’s guiding principles to all activities and responsibilities. This includes the Credit Union’s Mission, Vision, Core Values, Employee and Member Value Propositions, Sales and Service Model, and commitment to Lean Six Sigma practices. Support the Credit Union’s initiatives by demonstrating teamwork and professionalism.
• Responsible for regular and predictable attendance including punctuality.
• High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED) certificate, or state authorized high school equivalent certificate required.
• Minimum 1 year experience in a call center environment preferred.
• Experience in a credit union or financial institution preferred.
Consistently named one of the Best Companies to work for in New York, Hudson Valley Credit Union is a community chartered financial institution serving members in 12 counties along the Hudson River from the Capital Region south to the Lower Hudson River Valley. We are passionate about improving our member’s financial wellbeing and thrive on delivering exceptional member service. We care for our employee family and are deeply rooted within our local communities. With our co-workers’ support, valued benefits, and continuous training and development, we are motivated, high performers who excel and grow here every day. Come join us in our goal to be the Hudson Valley’s first choice for a lifetime financial services partner.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
• 401(k) with employer match and non-elective employer contribution
• Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
• Flexible Spending Account (medical & dependent care)
• Life Insurance
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Wellness Activity Reimbursements
• Educational Assistance Program
• Professional Development Programs
• Discounted Loan Rates & Fees
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment background check including bondability, credit report and past employment references. All checks must be favorable for an applicant to be considered for employment.
Hudson Valley Credit Union is proud to be a CEO Gold Standard Designation award winning tobacco-free workplace.
Hudson Valley Credit Union is an AA/EEO employer committed to equal opportunity and employee diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, the status of being transgender, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by law.