Hudson Valley Credit Union is currently recruiting for a Financial Services Teller. The successful candidate will perform a variety of financial transactions and to successfully implement HVCU Sales and Service Success Model with both business and personal members to grow branch business and meet both branch and corporate goals. Assist members by offering Credit Union products and services to improve members' financial lives and become a trusted financial advisor.
• Process transactions as outlined in the Teller and FSR Training Guides and adhere to established Teller and FSR Workflows. Fulfill the HVCU Value Proposition by performing accurate transactions, providing knowledgeable
and professional service and possessing strong problem resolution skills in order to effectively meet the needs of members. Able to work on the platform or in the teller area based upon the needs of the members in the branch
• Proactively sell and promote the Credit Union’s full line of financial products and services in a helpful, friendly manner using a needs-based sales approach through the utilization of the HVCU Sales and Service Success Model. Contribute to team goals by recognizing and fulfilling member needs including referring members to business partners. Support the successful implementation of marketing programs and promotions by creating member awareness and closing sales.
• Accountable for all transactions, including negotiable instruments and applicable paperwork to ensure accurate end-of-day proof. Handle large volumes of cash and securely maintain cash box and negotiable items. Maintain member and workplace confidentiality.
• Accommodate a flexible work schedule to meet branch needs, including evenings and weekends. Provide coverage at other branch locations, as needed.
• Adhere to all Credit Union policies, procedures, and regulatory agency requirements. Participate in all required and recommended training and development including, but not limited to, Bank Secrecy Act training (BSA) and demonstrate attained knowledge. Participate on Credit Union teams, projects and strategic initiatives when the opportunity arises. Perform additional duties and special projects as assigned.
• Embrace and apply HVCU’s guiding principles to all activities and responsibilities. This includes the Credit Union’s Mission, Vision, Core Values, Employee and Member Value Propositions, Sales and Service Model, and commitment to Lean Six Sigma practices. Support the Credit Union’s initiatives by demonstrating teamwork and professionalism.
• Responsible for regular and predictable attendance including punctuality.
• High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED) certificate, or state authorized high school equivalent certificate; or a current high school senior in possession of a certificate of satisfactory academic standing required.
• Customer service experience in a financial institution or retail environment preferred.
• Previous Teller or cash handling experience preferred.
Consistently named one of the Best Companies to work for in New York, Hudson Valley Credit Union is a community chartered financial institution serving members in 12 counties along the Hudson River from the Capital Region south to the Lower Hudson River Valley. We are passionate about improving our member’s financial wellbeing and thrive on delivering exceptional member service. We care for our employee family and are deeply rooted within our local communities. With our co-workers’ support, valued benefits, and continuous training and development, we are motivated, high performers who excel and grow here every day. Come join us in our goal to be the Hudson Valley’s first choice for a lifetime financial services partner.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
• 401(k) with employer match and non-elective employer contribution
• Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
• Flexible Spending Account (medical & dependent care)
• Life Insurance
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Wellness Activity Reimbursements
• Educational Assistance Program
• Professional Development Programs
• Discounted Loan Rates & Fees
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment background check including bondability, credit report and past employment references. All checks must be favorable for an applicant to be considered for employment.
Hudson Valley Credit Union is proud to be a CEO Gold Standard Designation award winning tobacco-free workplace.
Hudson Valley Credit Union is an AA/EEO employer committed to equal opportunity and employee diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, the status of being transgender, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by law