Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union is currently recruiting for a Teller I. The successful candidate will provide high-quality member service by accurately performing a variety of financial transactions. Identify member's needs and goals by asking questions and uncovering opportunities. Promote, explain and cross-sell HVFCU products and services.
• Accurately complete all types of account transactions requested by members by following organizational processes and procedures. This includes processing negotiable instruments, accurate end-of-day proof and handling large volumes of cash.
• Provide courteous prompt service and proactively identify member needs, recommend solutions to meet needs and refer members to HVFCU platform staff, business partners and automated services. Contribute to branch and individual sales and service goals.
• Adhere to branch safety and security practices and procedures. This includes member confidentiality, securely maintaining cash and negotiable items, and physical security standards.
• Maintain a working knowledge of HVFCU products, services and systems. Utilize resources to ensure quality member service.
• Support the successful implementation of marketing programs and promotions by creating member awareness and recommend products when the promotion meets the member’s needs.
• Adhere to all Credit Union policies, procedures, and regulatory agency requirements. Participate in all required and recommended training and development including, but not limited to, Bank Secrecy Act training (BSA) and demonstrate attained knowledge. Participate on Credit Union teams, projects and strategic initiatives when the opportunity arises. Perform additional duties and special projects as assigned.
• Embrace and apply HVFCU’s guiding principles to all activities and responsibilities. This includes the Credit Union’s Mission, Vision, Core Values, Employee and Member Value Propositions, Sales and Service Model, and commitment to Lean Six Sigma practices. Support the Credit Union’s initiatives by demonstrating teamwork and professionalism.
• Responsible for regular and predictable attendance including punctuality.
• High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED) certificate, or state authorized high school equivalent certificate; or a current high school senior in possession of a certificate of satisfactory academic standing required.
• Customer service and sales experience in a financial institution or retail environment with sales experience preferred.
• Previous Teller or cash handling experience in a financial institution or retail environment preferred.
Consistently named one of the Best Companies to work for in New York, Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union is a community chartered financial institution serving members in Dutchess, Orange, Ulster, and Putnam counties. We are passionate about improving our member’s financial wellbeing and thrive on delivering exceptional member service. We care for our HVFCU employee family and are deeply rooted within our local Hudson Valley communities. With our co-workers’ support, valued benefits, and continuous training and development, we are motivated, high performers who excel and grow here every day. Come join us in our goal to be the Hudson Valley’s first choice for a lifetime financial services partner.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
• 401(k) with employer match and non-elective employer contribution
• Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
• Flexible Spending Account (medical & dependent care)
• Life Insurance
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Wellness Activity Reimbursements
• Educational Assistance Program
• Professional Development Programs
• Discounted Loan Rates & Fees
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment background check including bondability, credit report and past employment references. All checks must be favorable for an applicant to be considered for employment.
HVFCU is proud to be a CEO Gold Standard Designation award winning tobacco-free workplace.
HVFCU is an AA/EEO employer committed to equal opportunity and employee diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, the status of being transgender, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by law.