Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union is currently recruiting for a Branch Supervisor. The successful candidate will Supervise and lead Universal Associates to provide high quality member service through efficient transaction processing and successful implementation of HVFCU Sales and Service Model. Grow branch business to meet both branch and organizational goals.
• Responsible for daily branch operations. Set clear expectations for Universal Associates to deliver high-quality service by assisting members with self-service options for routine transactions and using the HVFCU Sales and Service Model to promote the Credit Union’s full line of products and services.
• Create, implement, and monitor employee performance plans. Monitor sales/cascading goals and results and conduct regular milestone meetings. Identify trends and make recommendations to ensure team goals are achieved.
• Create work schedules and assignments for Universal Associates that minimize member wait times and maximize employee availability. Ensure the branch traffic is managed effectively to seamlessly transition members to the appropriate area of the branch for service.
• Interview, hire, and develop Universal Associates. Conduct regular one-on-one meetings to communicate organizational and/or departmental changes, updates and process improvements as well as to collaborate with employees on their on-going development plans.
• Ensure staff is well educated on marketing programs and promotions, self-service options, product knowledge and sales techniques. Schedule and oversee employee training and ensures employees complete regular refresher training.
• Responsible for the daily operations of the branch including cash/teller operations, regulatory compliance and security.
• Look for opportunities to enhance revenue, reduce expenses, create efficient processes and improve operations. Submit annual budget recommendations to the Assistant Branch Manager.
• Adhere to all Credit Union policies, procedures, and regulatory agency requirements. Participate in all required and recommended training and development including, but not limited to, Bank Secrecy Act training (BSA) and demonstrate attained knowledge. Participate on Credit Union teams, projects and strategic initiatives when the opportunity arises. Perform additional duties and special projects as assigned.
• Embrace and apply HVFCU’s guiding principles to all activities and responsibilities. This includes the Credit Union’s Mission, Vision, Core Values, Employee and Member Value Propositions, Sales and Service Model, and commitment to Lean Six Sigma practices. Support the Credit Union’s initiatives by demonstrating teamwork and professionalism.
• Responsible for regular and predictable attendance including punctuality.
• Associate’s Degree or at least 2 years equivalent experience for each undergraduate year not completed required.
• NYS Notary Public licence following 6 months achievement of independence on the job required.
• Minimum 2 years sales and customer service in a financial institution or retail environment required.
• Minimum 1 year supervisory or leadership experience in a financial instituion or retail environment preferred.
Consistently named one of the Best Companies to work for in New York, Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union is a community chartered financial institution serving members in Dutchess, Orange, Ulster, and Putnam counties. We are passionate about improving our member’s financial wellbeing and thrive on delivering exceptional member service. We care for our HVFCU employee family and are deeply rooted within our local Hudson Valley communities. With our co-workers’ support, valued benefits, and continuous training and development, we are motivated, high performers who excel and grow here every day. Come join us in our goal to be the Hudson Valley’s first choice for a lifetime financial services partner.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
• 401(k) with employer match and non-elective employer contribution
• Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
• Flexible Spending Account (medical & dependent care)
• Life Insurance
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Wellness Activity Reimbursements
• Educational Assistance Program
• Professional Development Programs
• Discounted Loan Rates & Fees
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment background check including bondability, credit report and past employment references. All checks must be favorable for an applicant to be considered for employment.
HVFCU is proud to be a CEO Gold Standard Designation award winning tobacco-free workplace.
HVFCU is an AA/EEO employer committed to equal opportunity and employee diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, the status of being transgender, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by law.