Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union is currently recruiting for a Member Support Services Rep I. The successful candidate will perform a variety of administrative operational duties and serve as a resource specialist by responding to internal and external member service requests. Responsibilities require a moderate volume of phone communication and interactions with third party vendors and government agency personnel. Daily operations can include processing new accounts, reviewing custom reports, conducting maintenance on existing accounts, problem resolution, death claims, processing garnishments, levies and third party confirmations, GL reconciliation, check and savings bond adjustments, Abandoned Property and backup withholding interest reporting, etc.
• Process new accounts and work custom reports to conduct account maintenance for share accounts, term certificate accounts, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA), Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Fiduciary accounts, etc.
• Respond to internal/external member inquiries/services requests received by phone/mail/fax using available systems, resource documents and third party vendors.
• Process death claims by communicating with the designated contact person, reviewing the received documentation, researching the member account relationship, processing insurance claims, placing holds on accounts and distributing funds, as applicable.
• Make necessary corrections to member, general ledger and other account types to rectify encoding and/or processing errors and savings bonds redeemed incorrectly.
• Process adjustment letters and entries to Federal Reserve or other financial institutions and ensure timely clearing of adjustment entries contained in a variety of general ledger accounts.
• Respond to court restraints/levies/subpoenas by reviewing legal documentation, researching member account relationship, completing/mailing required documents, placing system holds/restraints, monitoring accounts, distributing funds to adhere with Credit Union procedure and legal requirements, updating Excel tracking reports. Moderate communication with attorneys, federal/state/court personnel and employee may be required to appear in court.
• Process Individual Retirement Account required minimum distribution (RMD) and necessary corrections. Employee is responsible for communicating with members, calculating RMD, updating system with election and ensuring distribution.
• Process IRA and Backup Withholding for submission of payment to IRS within required deadlines.
• Adhere to all Credit Union policies, procedures, and regulatory agency requirements. Participate in all required and recommended training and development including, but not limited to, Bank Secrecy Act training (BSA) and demonstrate attained knowledge. Participate on Credit Union teams, projects and strategic initiatives when the opportunity arises. Perform additional duties and special projects as assigned.
• Embrace and apply HVFCU’s guiding principles to all activities and responsibilities. This includes the Credit Union’s Mission, Vision, Core Values, Employee and Member Value Propositions, Sales and Service Model, and commitment to Lean Six Sigma practices. Support the Credit Union’s initiatives by demonstrating teamwork and professionalism.
• Responsible for regular and predictable attendance including punctuality.
• High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED) certificate, or state authorized high school equivalent certificate; or a current high school senior in possession of a certificate of satisfactory academic standing required.
• Minimum 1 year data entry or clerical experience required.
• Experience with a financial institution preferred.
Consistently named one of the Best Companies to work for in New York, Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union is a community chartered financial institution serving members in Dutchess, Orange, Ulster, and Putnam counties. We are passionate about improving our member’s financial wellbeing and thrive on delivering exceptional member service. We care for our HVFCU employee family and are deeply rooted within our local Hudson Valley communities. With our co-workers’ support, valued benefits, and continuous training and development, we are motivated, high performers who excel and grow here every day. Come join us in our goal to be the Hudson Valley’s first choice for a lifetime financial services partner.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
• 401(k) with employer match and non-elective employer contribution
• Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
• Flexible Spending Account (medical & dependent care)
• Life Insurance
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Wellness Activity Reimbursements
• Educational Assistance Program
• Professional Development Programs
• Discounted Loan Rates & Fees
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment background check including bondability, credit report and past employment references. All checks must be favorable for an applicant to be considered for employment.
HVFCU is proud to be a CEO Gold Standard Designation award winning tobacco-free workplace.
HVFCU is committed to equal opportunity and employee diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by law.