Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union is currently recruiting for a Financial Services Representative I. The successful candidate will process a complete range of branch services for retail and business members, including opening new loans and accounts, processing transactions, and cross selling credit union products and services. Use a needs based sales approach to establish new memberships, make referrals to business partners, deepen member relationships and retain members.
• Open new memberships, new accounts, and new loans and process loan and account transactions for retail and business members. Use needs based sales approach, ask questions to uncover ways to meet members’ financial needs with additional HVFCU products and services.
• Refer members to appropriate business partners based on member needs and capture interactions using the customer relations management software. This includes but is not limited to automated transaction services, real estate loans, business loans and services, investment and insurance services. Provide strong internal service to coworkers throughout the credit union.
• Contribute to branch and individual sales and service goals. Maintain a working knowledge of HVFCU products, services and systems in order to make recommendations based on member needs. Utilize resources to ensure quality member service.
• Support the successful implementation of marketing programs and promotions. Create member awareness by discussing the features and benefits of the product/service being promoted and close sales.
• Adhere to branch safety and security practices and procedures. This includes member confidentiality, securely maintaining cash and negotiable items, and physical security standards.
• Adhere to all Credit Union policies, procedures, and regulatory agency requirements. Participate in all required and recommended training and development including, but not limited to, Bank Secrecy Act training (BSA) and demonstrate attained knowledge. Participate on Credit Union teams, projects and strategic initiatives when the opportunity arises. Perform additional duties and special projects as assigned.
• Embrace and apply HVFCU’s guiding principles to all activities and responsibilities. This includes the Credit Union’s Mission, Vision, Core Values, Employee and Member Value Propositions, Sales and Service Model, and commitment to Lean Six Sigma practices. Support the Credit Union’s initiatives by demonstrating teamwork and professionalism.
• Responsible for regular and predictable attendance including punctuality.
• High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED) certificate, or state authorized high school equivalent certificate; or a current high school senior in possession of a certificate of satisfactory academic standing required.
• NYS Notary Public license following 6 months achievement of independence on the job requyired.
• Minimum 1 year customer service and sales experience in a financial institution or retail environment required.
Consistently named one of the Best Companies to work for in New York, Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union is a community chartered financial institution serving members in Dutchess, Orange, Ulster, and Putnam counties. We are passionate about improving our member’s financial wellbeing and thrive on delivering exceptional member service. We care for our HVFCU employee family and are deeply rooted within our local Hudson Valley communities. With our co-workers’ support, valued benefits, and continuous training and development, we are motivated, high performers who excel and grow here every day. Come join us in our goal to be the Hudson Valley’s first choice for a lifetime financial services partner.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
• 401(k) with employer match and non-elective employer contribution
• Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
• Flexible Spending Account (medical & dependent care)
• Life Insurance
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Wellness Activity Reimbursements
• Educational Assistance Program
• Professional Development Programs
• Discounted Loan Rates & Fees
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment background check including bondability, credit report and past employment references. All checks must be favorable for an applicant to be considered for employment.
HVFCU is proud to be a CEO Gold Standard Designation award winning tobacco-free workplace.
HVFCU is committed to equal opportunity and employee diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by law.